Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The start of my room...

Today was the first day back in the classroom... what a productive (but unseemingly so) day! I started off by getting some bulletin boards covered. I took some ideas that I saw on Pinterest and put them to use. I covered my walls/boards with black and purple plastic tablecloths. I like this idea and they will work for this year, but next time I will probably use a solid fabric or sheet. I am only in this classroom for a short while so it's no biggie. The plastic just seems too flimsy and easy to rip. I then used duct tape to make my first border (this was actually harder than I thought it would be) and finally put up my white border. I really like the look of the double border!


I also put this other Pinterest idea to use with my Lesson Essential Question frames. I made the letters with my Cricut, make them into stickers, put them on scrapbooking paper, and placed them in my Dollar Tree frames! I used 3M photo strips on the back and mount them to my board. I think I will really like writing questions on these with dry erase markers and hopefully the kids will look at them more!


No comments:

Post a Comment