Monday, July 2, 2012

"No Name" clipboard

So I saw this nifty "No Name" sign on Pinterest and just had to try it. Thanks to all of the teachers out there that paved the way! I can't wait to mount this on the board and catch all of my no name offenders!
I originally saw this on "3rd Grade Thoughts" blog.. thanks! 3rd Grade Thoughts Blog
Here are the supplies you'll need. I got everything from ACMoore. I was very happy that I ended up getting the black letters so I didn't have to worry about painting them. I used the regular sized clothespins, but I know other teachers used the mini ones. I had a can of silver spray paint, a clear top coat, pink glitter, mod podge, a 9"x2.5" wooden board, 3M photo strips, and a glue gun.
First I decorated the lettering "No Name". I mixed mod podge and glitter to make a cool glitter glue. That way you don't have to worry about the glitter falling off. I used the end of a paint brush to mix.
Once mixed, I used the back of the paint brush to make dots of the glitter-glue on each letter.
Sprinkle a little more glitter on top of the glue dots
Let dry!
Now it's time to spray paint the wooden board and clothespins! I used the silver spray paint first and let it dry. I also used the clear top coat spray paint once the silver was dry.
I also added some of the glitter-glue mixture onto the front of the clothespins to give them a pop of color. You could also paint the clothes pins a different color to make them stand out. I didn't have any other colors of spray paint and I did NOT want to hand paint them with my acrylics!
 Now begin hot gluing the letters onto the top of the completely dried board.
Now hot glue the dried clothespins onto the board. I had the metal back of the pin hanging off the bottom of the board. I did this just to ensure that the glue would hold.
I plan on using the 3M photo strips to attach it to the board. I didn't think magnets would hold and the photo strips seem to be easy to remove and can be repositioned.
**I thought this looked a little plain once I put some paper on it.. there was too much silver at the top, so I decided to add some black dots. I think it's much cuter! My husband asked me why it looked so "girly"... and then he told me that all of the boys will be sure to put their names on their papers to avoid having their papers on this thing.. ha! Good!**

No comments:

Post a Comment