Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Objective Frames

This summer apparently is all about Pinterest for me! There are so many great ideas out there! This is yet another one. I pinned it from Katrina Harper but I'm not sure if she's the original pinner... but, thanks! I usually just write the names of the subjects on the board and write the Lesson Essential Question for the day, but I thought this looked a lot cuter.. I am also hoping that it will draw the students' eyes to it more.
I started off by going to the Dollar Tree and bought 6 $1.00 frames...can't beat that! Next, I chose 6 pieces of scrapbooking paper to use. Now, these frames will be used to write on with dry erase markers, so I wouldn't pick a print that is too busy.I cut the paper to fit in the frame.
I saw that the original pinned just wrote the subject names on the frame. I wanted to make it more permanent, so I used my Cricut to cut out the letters I'd need for: Lesson essential questions, reading, writing, math, social studies, and grammar.
Once I had all of my letters, I used a sticker machine to make my letters sticky. You could also use glue or tape, but this was much easier. Plus I'd had this sticker machine for 2 years and hadn't even taken it out of the box!
The last step was putting the letters on the scrapbooking paper and reessembling the frames! I am going to use the 3M photo strips to attach these to my white board. You could also hang them on the wall or use magnets! I'm excited to get these up! I will post a picture in the fall of them on my board and give feedback to whether I like them or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment